Thursday 25 February 2010

All washed up

Today the NFU communications team very kindly invited me along to find out more about what they do, and attend their team "wash up" meeting, to review the conference. It was fascinating to hear the inside story on such a successful event, and the tremendous amount of work and planning that went into it. I have come away with plenty of ideas about how we can feed into their organisation, and NFU publications that we can pitch ideas to. I also noted that they have really nice chocolates at their post-conference team meetings, another idea we could usefully copy. Tomorrow I travel back northwards to Newcastle.

1 comment:

  1. I have finally cracked how to do comments.

    Well done Anne, I enjoyed following the progress.

    The only thing I would say is that to often farmers asked to be shown the science. Which I take to mean they want science that supports their world view. Not necessarily agricultural science that may contradict some of their choosen positions.

    This is the difficult place of where science has come.

    It is to possible to find 20 scientists to agree with your position, and the opposition can then find 34 scientist to contradict this and agree with the opposition.

    Nothing a good communicator can't resolve.

    ReplyDelete